- Interactive sessions on leadership, race in a comparative perspective, and theories and practices of diversity and inclusion.
- Participants will develop a professional action plan for inclusive excellence in global education by attending workshops and through one-on-one executive coaching sessions with experts in the field. Participants will examine related practices and effective strategies for internationalizing their respective units and institutions.
- Network and build relationships with global colleagues and with local professionals in higher education, NGO, and government sparking future programming, projects, and institutional partnerships. Participants will also dialogue across various academic and administrative units committed to enhancing inclusive excellence and international education. Participants will return better equipped to support students from all backgrounds and to provide relevant feedback on their office’s practices and policies.
- Participants will learn about the local education system(s) by engaging in cultural immersion activities and site visits to local universities. Guided activities will encourage participants to deepen their awareness of their own culturally constructed understanding of race, ethnicity, identity, diversity, and inclusive leadership.
- Structured and unstructured time for self-reflection and exploration, including but not limited to sightseeing, nature walks, local cuisine, and excursions to cultural and historical sites, such as Otara Market and Waiheke Island.
- Formal and informal networking opportunities with Institute faculty and New Zealand colleagues working in similar areas.
- One individual executive coaching session on your professional action plan.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the program components, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Diversity Abroad.