- Interactive sessions on leadership theory and development, race in a comparative perspective, and theories and practices of diversity and inclusion
- Participants will develop a professional action plan for inclusive excellence in global education by attending workshops and through one-on-one executive coaching sessions with experts in the field. Participants will examine related theories and practices and brainstorm effective strategies for internationalizing their respective units and institutions.
- Network and build relationships with global colleagues and with local higher education professionals sparking future programming, projects and institutional partnerships. Participants will also dialogue across various academic and administrative units committed to enhancing inclusive excellence and international education. Participants will return better equipped to support students from all backgrounds and to provide relevant feedback on their office’s practices and policies.
- Participants will learn about the local education system(s) by engaging in cultural immersion activities and site visits to local universities/technikons. Guided activities will encourage participants to deepen their awareness of their own culturally constructed understanding of race, ethnicity, identity, diversity, and inclusive leadership.
- Structured and unstructured time for self-reflection and exploration, including but not limited to sightseeing, nature walks, local cuisine and excursions to cultural and historical sites.
- Formal and informal networking opportunities with Institute faculty and South African colleagues working in similar areas.
- One individual executive coaching session on leadership development
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the program components, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion from Diversity Abroad.